Friday, March 10, 2006

Workin' Hard or Hardly Workin'?

Dude-check out this crazy mutated strawberry! It was delicious!
strawberry
Hey Trish! Check out my cool socks!
pedrosock
Since I haven't been busy looking for a job I have had some nice free time on my hands. It feels like I have been cooking up a storm. Yesterday I made meatloaf. That is something I have never done before. I used a recipe from my 1950s Betty Crocker cookbook and boy, it sure was tasty! Today I made cream of sweet potato soup from a recipe I came up with last year and stored in my head. I made some baked pita chips to go along with it. It was great! I also made one of those Duncan Hines orange dreamsicle cakes. Not good. I have been oogling those Signature Cakes in the grocery store since they came out and finally I found one at the discount store the other day. Good thing I didn't have to pay very much for it. I don't think the dark orange part came out right. Believe it or not, that part is jello that you pour into the cake as liquid and it is supposed to set. It didn't really do it's thing and the cake is kind of mushy. I also don't care for the white mousse icing. It is so fluffy and fake tasting I thought I might gag. It feels like I have been doing dishes all afternoon and now I have to go do some more. DRAT!
I have been working like crazy on the zipper pins. I am trying to get some ready to take to a couple local stores to sell them. Also, the Farmer's Market is coming up. I haven't gotten nearly as much done as I thought I would by now.
Finished pins...
zipmarch2
Pins in various steps of completion...
zipprogress
Here is some miscellaneous news:
Last night I twisted my foot up pretty bad. I had been sitting for a long time and my foot fell asleep. I stepped off a small step and came crashing down on it the wrong way. At first I couldn't tell what had really happened since it was all numb. It hurt so bad! I thought for a minute that I might have broken it but after it woke up I realized that I think I just pulled something. So I have been wearing shitty, uncomfortable sneakers around the house all day long.
I have been reading A LOT. I read Memories of My Melancholy Whores by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. It only took me one and a half hours and I didn't really care for it. I also read The Beach Club by Elin Hilderbrand. I really like her books. I also took the other two of hers out of the library. I am working on Nantucket Nights right now.
It was 57 degrees out today! I didn't go out but I had windows open in here. The fresh air feels really nice except I kept getting whifs of MOTH BALL now and then. Hmmmmmm...
I have also been subjected to the loud wind-tunnelish whirring sound of the dryer from the downstairs apartment under my room for much of the day. ANNOYING!
Tomorrow I am going to see my Grandpa at Coburg Village in New York. His birthday was this week so we are going to have some type of celebration. My Grandpa has lived at Coburg Village for a few years now and just LOVES it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home