Sunday, February 12, 2006

Moving On.

My last day of work was Friday. I really can't believe it is over. It was the pits being there those last few days. I guess should be feeling free. However, I am sick with dread over finding a new job. It is something that I hate doing, but has to be done. I am trying to put on a brave face.
We did a craft sale today at a church. It seems like forever since the last one but it was only the week before Christmas. It was slow, but I did ok and it was better than nothing.
When I got home I got a call from a woman in Proctor who saw me at a sale last fall and wanted to give me her old zippers. I ended up going to her house to pick them up. She and her husband were very nice and I ended up staying for a long time talking to them. I gave her a pin in exchange for 105 zippers.
zippersshirley
They came in this 'Fashion Shop' bag from the olden days of Rutland.
fashionshop
I have to give my weekly thrifting report. I went to the Salvation Army today and didn't find anything. We were rushed out of there by the two workers who wanted to go home early. There were people banging down the door to come in to shop. Just about everything is way over priced. They had an ancient microwave marked $21.99. It looked to be from the early 80s, had a brown fake wood exterior, with pointy silver retro-looking dials. WTF? Those are two reasons why I rarely go there anymore. Thursday at the Mission I found this huge scarf with a pocket, a pair of gloves, a pair of mittens, as well as a new red mock turtle neck from J.C. Penney. All for $5.
thriftfeb
After pacing, meowing, and giving us the hairy eyeball, Squeeky finally got her Fancy Feast tonight. Delicious!
squeekyff
I got up this morning when normal people get up. I must say that I am drop-dead tired right now and I am going to get ready for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home