Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Zippers, Bland Food, Tourists, and Gum.

This has been a lucky zipper week. My mom and sister got me a pile of zippers at the ReStore in Montpelier this weekend.
zippersrestore
Then this afternoon Eric found this bag of mystery zippers in our mailbox. Later on I got a call from the nice woman who had left them for me. She bought a zipper pin from me at the second to last craft sale I was at. Thank you! I can't wait to start working again!
zippersflanagan
I have had 3 other inquiries about the zipper pins within the last two weeks. I also heard about two craft sales in February which may be a possibility.
*******************************************
On Saturday night Eric and I ventured up to Killington to eat at a place called "Baja Burrito" because we had an Entertainment book coupon. It was quite possibly the worst "Mexican" food I have ever had. First of all, you enter the restaurant into a lounge room with couches, a TV, and a few tables. In the main room there were lots of tables, a bar, and a big noisy crowd. We were seated in the lounge room. It was filled with tourists who were very into the football game on the TV. We had to sit next to an obnoxious family with a coughing, germ spewing man. Every time the door was opened we were hit with a blast of icy mountain air. When the food arrived it didn't look very good. The burritos were stuffed in an unbaked flour tortilla. Mine was stuffed with black beans and white rice coated with cheese that was similar to the gooey cheese sauce that comes in a packet with Velveeta or Kraft mac and cheese kits. It had absolutly no spice, flavor, or heat. It came with sour cream and lettuce as well as pico de gallo, and guacamole both heavy with white onions. After one bite the waitress offered hot sauce and we accepted. The tourists looked to be loving the food and the atmosphere but I could not wait to get out of there. I haven't felt so uncomfortable at a restaurant or been so disgusted with the food in a long time. Stay away from this horrible place if you ever visit Killington!!!
bajaburrito
Killington is only ten or twelve miles from Rutland, but the funny thing about it is that it seems like a completely different planet. It is a bonafied tourist trap. Everything is extremely overpriced, such as gas and food. For example, we had to stop and get a jug of windshield fluid and it was $3. The same thing is $1.07 at Walmart in Rutland. The place is crawling with rich, snobby, asshole idiots from Massachusetts, New Jersey, Conneticut, and New York on vacation or skiing for the weekend. I can't stand them and it is annoying when they come down to Rutland, driving their huge gas guzzling SUV tanks with ski rack systems on the top. They drive like frickin idiots, cutting everyone off and getting in the way. I don't like snow and I don't like skiing tourists! Go home.
*******************************************
I recently found this new trident gum. It is a crunchy pillow of chewy strawberry gum with a pocket of lime flavor in the center. The flavor lasts a long time and it is delicious.
trident

1 Comments:

Blogger wordaddict said...

I haven't seen this gum before, strawberry with lime -- Yummy!

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home