Sunday, March 05, 2006

3 Quick Things

I had this awesome idea tonight...You know how they sell those tacky appliance covers? Yesssssssss! We don't have very much kitchen cabinet space here so I thought a great place to store stuff would be on top of the refrigerator. The only problem is that everything gets so dusty. So instead of using some nice fabric I am saving for special projects, I ran up to the attic to rummage through my old t-shirt box. I found some old Gap t-shirts that are too small for me, cut them up, and sewed them into these little pillowcases to fit the appliances. I was going to add trim but I think they look fine the way they are. Here you can see the mini-cuisinart and the 4 cup coffee maker are nicely covered.
covers1
Man, have I been enjoying all of that Canadian candy. I wish I had gotten some more of the Kinder candy in this special Easter packaging! Those little bars are so frickin good! I'm sorry to say there is only one egg left.
kinder
I just finished a really good book that I didn't even get to put on my reading list because I read it so fast. It is The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand. I just couldn't put it down. It looks like she has also written three other books which our library has.
Happy Weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sales Rack Raider said...

Very cool recycling job with the old t-shirts!

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home