Thursday, May 26, 2005

Fish Face!

trishfish
Yesterday I received this VERY SPECIAL FISH in the mail from my friend Trish. She found this treasure at Recycle North in Burlington, Vermont. Recycle North is a very fun store that I haven't been to in a while, but Trish shops there every week. They save things from going to the landfill, fix them up, and help the community. I was so happy to get such a wonderful gift that I could have died.
birdcard
After work today I went to the Open Door Mission thrift store and found a bunch of lovely old cards for ten cents each. And there is also a VERY special one that I got for my sister Amy but she will have to wait patiently for it to come in the mail. I also ended up with a cotton-knit sheet, a pair of shorts, a Lands End t-shirt, and a Bula wallet. What fun!
jellybeans
After that I went to Walmart to pick up a few things and found these Jelly Beans which are exactly like Jelly Belly. The best ones according to me are buttered popcorn, sizzling cinnamon, cinnamon, and coconut. It is hard for me not to pick out just those. This is what happens when you scan a plastic bag BTW.
I went grocery shopping and didn't get home until after 8 o'clock. When I arrived here the smoker, whose name is NANCY, was outside smoking a butt. That REALLY doesn't bode well in my book. She was nice but we are downright tense about the situation. Only 6 more days until the smoking nightmare starts. Note to Nancy-YOU NEED TO STOP SMOKING!
I watched a very interesting documentary on PBS tonight called Aging Out. It was about young adults who are "aging out" of foster-care and struggling to make it on their own. The ending was quite tragic and sad.
In other news, one of my favorite art professors from college, Bill Ramage, left me an answering machine message this morning. He's trying to find out what the graduates are doing now and how they are making a living. Maybe he will have some advice for me since he is such and interesting and talented person!
TGIF!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home