Friday, March 31, 2006

Richard Shindell and Everything Else.

I have so much to report. My biggest and best news is that I went to a Richard Shindell concert tonight at the Paramount Theater here in Rutland. I have never been there before. It is an old theater which was restored a few years ago. It is highly-detailed and beautiful inside. It is smaller than I imagined and the seats were a little bit cramped, but it was fun anyway. We were in the third row...Wow! My sister gave me a Richard Shindell CD a couple years ago and I have enjoyed listening to it from time to time. However, it is now in my CD player. I definitely have a new appreciation for this artist! It was great seeing him live as he is really excellent! Although the theater was not full, there were plenty of enthusiastic Shindell fans present. Please check out his website and listen to some of the songs on the lyrics page. He often performs with Dar Williams and Lucy Kaplansky who are also great singers.
shindell2
As for the rest of my day, I sure have been busy. I was up early this morning for a dentist appointment. I had my chompers cleaned and they feel super duper nice.
Check out the dentist office booty! Oh, see the 70's looking toothbrush? Yessssss, although it doesn't look special, it is one of the softest bristled toothbrushes you will find anywhere.
dentist
I met Eric for lunch and we went to Roxie's, a snack bar that sets up a booth in Castleton for the summer. We had cheeseburgers, french fries, and onion rings. Delicious, and way better than the food from the New Village snack bar last weekend. We sat at a picnic table to enjoy the warm sunshine. I also went to drive by my alma matter, Castleton State College. Those were the days! Life was filled with fun and friends. Things were still hopeful and happy. I always get sad when I go by there. Even if I could go back, everyone else has moved on and it just wouldn't be the same.
I ran a couple other errands and went thrifting at the Open Door Mission on the way home. I got a pair of Lands End shorts for $3. I'm not a big fan of white shorts, but they seem to be brand new.
shorts
Here is also a picture of my new blanket (the pink one) from the Salvation Army earlier in the week. It now joins my collection. I picked the red one up at the Mission last year, and the purple on was purchased in Mexico. I have been using the new one on the couch and have found it to be super warm and cozy.
blankets
I have been meaning to report on this wonderful coconut gelato which I picked up at the grocery store. Although it is a little pricey at $4 a pint, it sure is delicious! It is made in Waitsfield, Vermont.
gelato1
After I took this picture I put it on my chair and promptly forgot it was there and sat on it. Oops! Not to worry, it was almost empty and it was still edible, and now it is all gone anyway.
gelato2
My sister Amy is still waiting for a kitten. One of her students may be giving her this little bugger that was born in their barn. Sorry about the crappy picture. I can't do anything about it.
NewKitten
That reminds me, sorry about the lousy job I did on the CD pictures from the last post. I guess I mean "lazy job", as I didn't feel like going back to fix them. Oh well.
One last thing, Amy told me about this book, The Kindness of Strangers by Katrina Kittle. I started it last night and could not put it down. It is a disturbing story about a boy who is sexually molested by his parents and is taken in by one of his Mother's friends. It is haunting and shocking, and I think it is going to turn out good in the end.
Ahhhhhhhhhh...all done now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home