Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The First Day of Summer 2005.

What a long, long day! This morning I worked up enough courage to ask the boss for a few days off to go on a mini-vacation. Mission accomplished...I'm going to Maine at the end of next week for five days! I can't wait to go. It smells so good there and the ocean is so beautiful. We are going to try to go on a whale watch this time. My old neighbor called tonight. We made plans to visit them at their new house tomorrow. I miss them soooooooo much! I finally heard from the Brandon Artists Guild last week and I did not get in. There was a lot of competition. I am very disappointed but it was a good experience anyway and now I will try to get my stuff in somewhere else.
Here is a funny article that appeared in our local paper today:

biglots
And here is a post card that I received in the mail from my sister today:
postcard
She celebrated her 24th birthday over the weekend and was very pleased with all of her gifts. We ate dinner on Saturday night at American Flatbread in Middlebury. You can buy their frozen pizzas all over the country, but nothing is as good as one of their nightly specials. They are made with all local ingredients in a wood-fired oven. Then we went home to have cake from Mirabelles in Burlington.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home