Monday, October 16, 2006

Hey! Look What I Got!

Things have been going great lately. I have been so busy. After the last Brandon Farmers Market of the season, I saw a yard sale I couldn't pass up. Good thing I stopped, because I found some really neato stuff. So I will start with show and tell.
Here is a really cool retro owl bank. It has a slit in the back of its head to put the money in. The lady there said that her mom used to put money in it for her grand kids when they came to visit.
owl
I also got these vintage aprons and the green table cloth in the background for free.
aprons
About two weeks ago we did a sale at Green Mountain College in Poultney, Vermont. There was also a chili festival and a sidewalk sale going on. I picked these vintage cookbooks at a used bookstore.
cookbooks
When I began selling my zipper pins at the Brandon Artists Guild, one of the members gave me a small bag of zippers which had belonged to her mother. They are the best kind! Thanks Peg! Also, I received a request for a bag or a purse made out of zippers. Another member, Nancy, gave me one of her wool pieces to play around with. Thanks Nancy!
zippers peg
After the Rutland market on Saturday, I treated myself to a new pair of Crocs. Thank you Stacie!
green crocs
And one more thing here...I was working on sewing pouches and I decided to make one for myself. It is great so far but I wish I had put some sort of a handle on it.
new pouch
And the very last bit of information that I have is to tell you that I have officially started a new website for my business Stacie Mincher Designs. As of right now I really only have my sale dates for the next two months. Pretty soon I will make some of my creations available for sale. Check it out, and then check back often!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The owl and the vintage cloth are great finds! The pouch you made is also really cute.

Can't wait to see your zipper pins on sale!

1:55 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Stacie, you haven't written anything new in about a month!!!!

Amy

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home