Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Stress, Storms, Success, and Sewing!

Oh my! I have been absent again. What can I say? Things have been crazy busy. A big change is coming with our lives, but I can't really say just yet in case the wrong people are tuned into this blog. You never know who is listening. Family and close friends know already, so don't think I am keeping any major secrets from you. I thought I'd write anyway to let whoever reads this know that I am still alive.

I have been feeling a little bit better, but still battling with the allergies. I have been using Patanol for my eyes, Rhinocort for my nose, and Claritin for everything else. It has been REALLY bad this year so far. There is green pollen dust EVERYWHERE!
It feels like it has been raining for a week now. I have heard that people in the New England are having trouble with flooding, but it is just rain, gloom, and doom here.
Despite the allergies and rain, there is one thing that I really love about this time of the year...LILACS! As much as I hate this apartment where we live, there is a beautiful lilac bush in the parking lot. I picked some last week and they smelled lovely.

lilacs

The first Farmer's Market of the year was this past Saturday. It rained for much of the night before and we were almost doubtful that we would participate. However, it had stopped raining that morning and at 7:30 A.M. we decided to do it. My sister came down to help out and as we finished unpacking her car, we realized that Mom had forgotten to pack the tent. As soon as we finished setting up the tables it started to sprinkle. It didn't look very good. We called Mom and she drove 45+ minutes to bring it to us. What a good Mom she is! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We were protected and then it didn't rain again until well after the market was overwith for the day! We had a very successful day considering the crappy weather. I did twice as well as the same weekend last year, which was my very first market ever. People were looking for Mother's Day presents. Everyone is so nice and so enthusiastic. We made a new friend who recently moved here from California. She was selling some unique burritos, chips, salsa, and guacamole. I have been busy working on several craft projects for the market. I made two different types of necklaces, which took some work but exceeded my expectations.

I haven't been to any garage sales yet this year, but last week I went to the Open Door Mission and found this cool retro sewing box thing. I can see some old lady having this set up in her living room next to her recliner. It is in perfect condition. Although we all agreed that it is pretty darn ugly, it is still kind of cool. To make the deal even sweeter, it was filled with all of these vintage sewing supplies.

sewingbox3

sewingbox1

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Stacie,

I don't think you need to be so secretive. Did you finish eating the guacamole?

AMY

5:14 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

Yes, I think so. No, I threw it out. It was brown and nasty. I threw out the salsa on Saturday night because it was stinking up everything in the fridge.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

My, you do enjoy alliterating.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home