Monday, April 16, 2007

It's a Disaster!

This was what happened this morning in Rutland!
I took this picture from the Rutland Herald website because I am too lazy to go out and take my own pictures. But anyway, we took a ride around town at 12 pm and saw much more like this! There are huge trees completely up-rooted, power lines down all over the place, and store signs torn from their metal casings and flung all over the ground. What a mess! The power has been out since 8 this morning and it sounds like it will probably not be fixed until sometime tomorrow night, if not later in the week! I have not showered all day and I am feeling pretty nasty. Since most of the stores and gas stations were closed, we decided to get out of town and head to Glens Falls, NY for the rest of the afternoon to do laundry and to eat somewhere different. I had been trying to work on my zippers in the dark and I think we would have gone crazy stuck inside all day long. Oh well. This sucks!
Oh, by the way this is my 100th post! Congratulations to me for blogging for 2 years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home